What are some of the current
issues and challenges?
• Care homes have an average budget of £3.50 per resident per day to cover all meals
• Care homes need to meet or exceed the CQC’s Outcome 5: Meeting Nutritional Needs as well as other CQC guidelines around health and safety
• Four in ten older people are likely to be malnourished when they enter a care home making malnutrition a key concern (Age UK January 2011)
• Many residents will have special dietary needs
due to certain health conditions
• Depending on location care homes cater for residents from different religious and cultural backgrounds and this will need to be reflected in their menus
• Staff skill level will vary, sometimes throughout the day, as a chef will only be there for core meal times
• Homes will want to obtain the highest occupancy levels to meet their financial objectives
• Hygiene and cleanliness of premises are vital to stop transmission of germs to vulnerable residents
Why use South Lincs Foodservice?
• When residents require food outside of the normal eating times and there isn’t a chef available we have a selection of individually portioned ready meals that are perfect for
keeping in the freezer.
• While it’s important to make savings by switching to own brand where possible, we also understand that for many care home residents having their favourite brands helps them to feel more at home. For example, you can find the top biscuit, tea, coffee, crisp and sauce brands all in our range to help you add homely touches to your food menu.
• If you need advice on catering for vegetarians or vegans, religious restrictions such as Halal, or need to know more about allergies, we can provide you with handy fact sheets
for your home.
• Our product range contains high protein and high fat foods that can be added to recipes in order to fortify them for residents who require high calories diets. Products such as milk powder, butter, coconut powder, coconut milk and full fat milk, yoghurt, cheese and cream are perfect for fortifying meals.
• Maintaining a home and creating a clean, safe and comfortable environment will be essential for meeting CQC guidelines and making a good first impression to visitors or potential residents.
To help with this you can find cleaning products, laundry essentials and in room items in our Non-food range.
• We have access to a specialist ranges of crockery that are durable, easy to grip and available in bold colours. They are designed for residents with Alzheimer’s, allowing them to eat independently for as long as possible.
Top Care Home Products
Vanilla Ice Cream
Pork Sausages 8's
Thick Sliced White Bread
McCain Classics British Thick
Skinless Salmon Fillet Portions
Wrapmaster 4500 Refill Rolls 450mmx500m
Z-Fold Handtowel Blue
1 Ply 250 Sheets
Heavy Duty Black Refuse Sack
Green Washing Up Liquid
White Pedal Bin Liner
Sweet Biscuit Assortment
No Added Sugar Whole Orange Squash
Pure Orange Juice
Blackcurrant Squash No Added Sugar
Pure Apple Juice
Bisto Favourite Gravy Granules
Kelloggs Corn Flakes
Tetley 1 Cup Tea Bags
Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
Chicken Breast Fillet
Beef Machine Diced
Pork Loin Boneless
Fresh Turkey Breast
Full Fat Milk
Unsmoked Rindless Back Bacon
Low Fat Mixed Yogurt
Semi Skimmed Milk Bottle
Müller Yogurt Mixed
Thick and Creamy Assorted Yogurts
Medium Fresh Eggs
Full Fat Milk Perga
Mature White Cheddar Block
Summer County Soft Spread
6 - 6
WE WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU
01205 460 700
Sutterton Enterprise Park
Endeavour Way | Sutterton | Boston
Lincolnshire | PE20 2JA
Telesales & Offices
Monday to Friday - 9:00am - 4:30pm
Bank Holidays - 9:00 - 3:00pm
© MGS Management Services Ltd | South Lincs Foodservice | company registered England 1568776. Cookies + Privacy Declaration